Skip to: Content, Main Navigation, Search, Login
Great Barrington, MA 01230 USA
Website: DiaPraxis: Facilitating Creative Collaboration
Website: Deepening Our Joy
Rosa Zubizarreta, M.A., M.S.W.Focusing Trainer
Focusing Trainer Information:
- I offer Focusing training in individual sessions.
- I offer Focusing training in individual phone sessions.
- I offer Focusing workshops.
- I am available for public presentations.
- I am available to travel to teach workshops.
Focusing Trainer Specialty Areas: Creative process, Work Projects, Social Change/ Conflict Mediation/ Community Development
Other Focusing Trainer Specialty Areas: Coaching
Personal Statement about Training Program:
The more we are able to listen deeply to our own selves, the better we are able to listen to others. Focusing helps develop our capacity to offer Presence, to 'take all sides', and to trust and support the self-organizing process -- whether we are working with our own 'inner group', or whether we are holding space for an external group.
This kind of deep listening helps transform the stuck energy of conflict, into greater creativity, collaboration, and wholeness.
I particularly enjoy teaching Focusing to people whose professional work involves listening well to others -- this includes therapists, also group facilitators, mediators, organization development consultants, community organizers, and social change agents.
My approach to Focusing is influenced by Inner Relationship Focusing, and also by Internal Family Systems work and Inner Empathy work.
A Sample of my Work:
You can visit my blog site at http://www.thelisteningarts.org
and search for 'Focusing'.
(I am a writer, so this is only a selection... :-)
• collaborated with Bebe Simon on her book, How I Teach Focusing: Discovering the Gift of Your Inner Wisdom
• wrote 'Ways of Grouping', a focusing-oriented article on groups published in the FOLIO
Facilitating dialogue and deep democracy
• An essay I wrote for the Collective Wisdom Initiative, on the connections between dialogue and deep democracy. It mentions the relevance of Focusing to this larger work.
• collaborated with Tom Atlee on his first book, The Tao of Democracy http://www.taoofdemocracy.com
Working with groups
• author of From Conflict to Creative Collaboration: A User's Guide to Dynamic Facilitation http://conflict2creativity.com
• more writings in this area at
Listening and Spirituality
• contributed a chapter to the book Dharma, Color, and Culture, by Hilda Gutierrez Baldoquín
• from 1998 to 2002, published several essays on engaged buddhism and listening across divides in the journal Turning Wheel
The International Focusing Institute | 15 N. Mill St., Nyack, NY 10960, USA | Tel: +1 (845) 480-5111 | Fax: +1 (845) 704-0461
All contents copyright 2019
by The International Focusing Institute firstname.lastname@example.org