Interview with Eugene T. Gendlin
Focusing and Spirituality by Elfie Hinterkopf on behalf of the Working group on Focusing and Spirituality at the 15th International meeting, May 2003. This piece includes a Focusing-oriented description of spirituality that applies to any kind of spiritual orientation and a sample exercise showing how to enhance spiritual experiencing.
Focusing as Part of Spiritual Renewal from The Focusing Institute
Spiritual Path - in focusing oriented psychotherapy by Ifat Eckstein [Word Doc] [PDF]
An open letter from
Rabbi Dr. Zalman M. Schachter-Shalomi to his friend, colleague and
Focusing partner, Dr. Eugene Gendlin
Judaism and Focusing Technique by Rabbi Goldie Milgram
For further exploration of Judaism and Focusing please join the discussion
Focusing on the Light: A Modest Proposal by Nancy Saunders. A practice called "Focusing" shares common elements with the experience of meeting for Quaker worship.
A Creative Weaving An introduction from the Focusing and Buddhism Working group.
- Join our online discussion group "Focusing, Contemplative Practices and Spiritual Paths."
- Find A Focusing Partner: We have people in our partnership pool from all over the world, many of whom are meditators. If you wish you can request a partner who shares that background.
- Phone Coaching Sessions: These sessions will teach you the established steps to learn focusing and are customized to help each person individually. One or several phone sessions will give you a beginning taste for Focusing. We have coaches who are also long time Buddhist practitioners, if you would like to be taught Focusing by someone who practices that crossing.
- Articles about Focusing and Buddhism:
- Crossing the Process Model and Tibetan Buddhism by Greg Walkerden
- Bundschuh-Müller K. „Es ist was es ist, sagt die Liebe….“. In: Heidenreich T, Michalak J (Hrsg): Achtsamkeit und Akzeptanz in der Psychotherapie. Tübingen: DGVT-Verlag, 2004: 405-456. Translated into English by Elisabeth Zinschitz. [Word Doc]
- Focusing and Spirituality: Buddhism (日本語訳） by Roger Levin, Psy.D., Focusing Trainer, USA
- Focusing: A Path between East and West? (日本語訳） by Astrid Schillings, Focusing Certifying Coordinator, Germany
- Focusing and the Spiritual Life (日本語訳） by John Amodeo, Ph.D.
- On Focusing and Buddhism by Barbara Chutroo
- Searching for the Truth that Is Far Below the Search (日本語訳） by David Rome
- Deep Listening as Love - An interview with David Rome. PARABOLA - LOVE VOLUME 35 NUMBER 1 SPRING 2010. Reprinted with permission from Parabola. [PDF 1600KB - file may take a few minutes to download]
- Are You Listening? by David Rome and Hope Martin. Reprinted with permission from Shambhala Sun's July 2010 issue (http://shambhalasun.com) [PDF 1100KB - file may take a few minutes to download]
- Stillness and Awareness from Person to Person by Astrid Schillings, Cologne
- Zen and Focusing by Sensei Janet Jiryu Abels