Volunteer to work with us
The Focusing Institute needs people to take charge of several new projects. Would you like to work with Mary, Gene, Kye, Melinda and other staff on one of the Institute's new initiatives?
If you are interested in any of the volunteer positions listed below, or if you have any questions, contact us today.
General Description (click on each one for more details)
We want to compile work that has already been done in applying Focusing in numerous fields:
- creative writing
- alcoholism and 12-step programs
- schools and universities
To accomplish this, we need someone to choose one of the application areas above, and work on one of the following activities:
We need someone to help us find people who would like to work with us, volunteers both from within and also from outside the Focusing community.
We are compiling the work that has already been done in applying Focusing in other fields: with children, with adolescents, with alcoholics and in 12-step programs, in medicine, with HMO's, in bodywork, in dance, in acting, in creative writing, in art, in architecture, in spirituality, with meditation, in schools and universities, in sports, in business, in philosophy, in therapy, etc. You need not know that particular field to handle an Application-related project.
- Identify resources, such as the Folio, discussion list messages, acquaintances, the Web.
- Compile application-related information.
- Pass this information to the Institute for dissemination via literature, the Web and/or conferences.
- Contact Focusing people who are using Focusing in one of these fields who might contribute something oral or written
- Contact experts and well-known people in that field who do not yet know about Focusing.
- Contact bookstores, see if they are carrying Focusing books, and encourage them to do so.
- We have about 20 people interested in stress-reduction in relation to Focusing. Someone is needed to coordinate this initiative. This might involve identifying their needs, compiling resources, sharing information, etc.