Theory and Practice
Edited by Laury Rappaport, Ph.D
Foreword by Jakusho Kwong-roshi
This ground-breaking book explores the theoretical, clinical and training application of integrating mindfulness with all of the arts therapies, and includes cutting-edge contributions from neuroscience. Written by pioneers and leaders in the arts therapies and psychology fields, the book includes 6 sections that examine mindfulness and the arts therapies from different perspectives:
- the history and roots of mindfulness in relation to spirituality, psychotherapy and the arts therapies;
- the role of the expressive arts in cultivating mindful awareness;
- innovative approaches that add mindfulness to the arts therapies;
- arts therapies approaches that are inherently mindfulness-based;
- mindfulness in the training and education of arts therapists; and
- the neuroscience underlying mindfulness and the arts therapies.
Contributors describe their pioneering work with diverse applications: people with cancer, trauma, chronic pain, substance abuse, severe mental illness, clients in private practice, adolescents at camp, training dance and art therapists, and more. This rich resource will inspire and rejuvenate all clinicians and educators.
Product Code: FB-430