With Charlotte Howorth
April 25 - 28, 2013 in Chan Tao – Jundiaí – Brazil
In this four-day introductory workshop students will learn about the steps
and process of Focusing. Participants will be guided to experience the felt
sense of their issues and situations and will learn how to gently keep this
experience company, to symbolize it, and to ask shift questions to help forward
movement in their bodies and their lives. They will also start to guide others
in this deeply therapeutic process. Students will also learn how ‘The Critic’
can stop this healing process and ways to work with this phenomenon.
Participants will also learn how to ‘Clear A Space’, a practice which research
has shown to improve quality of life and which can enhance the Focusing
For advanced trainees or certified focusers the opportunity to experience
Charlotte Howorth’s empathatic teaching and begin to learn Focusing-Oriented
There will be on-going workshops and training in Focusing.
Certification offered by The Focusing institute, NY. Hours count toward
Charlotte Howorth, LCSW
- Director of the Focusing Oriented Therapy certification training, The
Focusing Institute, N.Y.
- Diploma in Counseling and Psychotherapy with resultant full
accreditation to practice in the U.K.
- Masters In Social Work (MSW) Hunter College, majoring in both Case and
Group Work, and a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW).
- Trained as an EMDR practitioner.
- Teacher and practitioner for the Focusing and Complex Trauma program run
by Shirley Turcotte, NYC.
- Post-graduate training as a couples and family therapist, Hunter
- Post-graduate psychoanalytic training in analytic Relational Self
Psychology, TRISP, NYC.
- Post-graduate training in psychoanalytic group psychotherapy, The
Postgraduate Center for Mental Health, NYC.
Where: Chan Tao – Jundiaí – Brazil
When: April 25-28, 2013
Language(s): English and Portuguese
Product Code: W-130428-IFW