Relating with spirit, beauty, nature, community, and ‘The Whole Big Everything’
February 14-21, 2015 ~ Chacala, Mexico
Space limited to 30 participants - Register now!
The Focusing Institute and Focusing International invite you to gather for a week of Focusing and fun by the Pacific Ocean at the beautiful Mar de Jade retreat center.
Connect with your mind and body with offerings in both English and Spanish.
We will Focus on ourselves as unique beings that are interaction, process, and elements of a whole. Come join us and explore the experience of connectedness and belonging to ourselves, to others, to our community and the ‘whole big everything.’
This is a wonderful opportunity to bring freshness and aliveness to your life, with warmth, sunlight, ocean, and a supportive community. In addition to classes, there will be ample time to Focus every day, as well as to rest and play.
This program is suited to both beginners and experienced Focusers.
There will be a variety of Focusing-oriented activities including yoga, dance, adventure, spontaneous music-making, poetry writing, and your own creative contributions!
Charlotte Howorth has been in private practice as a psychotherapist for 20 years and currently works in NYC seeing individuals, couples, families, and groups. She teaches a Focusing Oriented Psychotherapy certification program for the Focusing Institute, is on the faculty of the Focusing International, the faculty of the Focusing Oriented Relational Psychotherapy program, NYC, and is Clinical Consultant for CHDFS, an award wining social services agency in NYC. Her great passion in life are her 3 year old twin toddlers, as well as teaching Focusing and she feels so blessed and lucky to have both in her life. Charlotte also has a deep love of Sufism.
Mónica Gómez Galaz is a Certified Focusing Professional and founder of Focusing Institute Mexico (www.focusinginstitutemexico.com). Mónica worked in finance for 15 years before deciding to pause, listen to what was implicit in her, and change paths to become a Personal and Corporate Coach. Mónica is also a University professor, passionate teacher and speaker, dreamer, and author of Rotos para Descosidos, a fresh and honest look at the experiences of couples. She really enjoys good talks and always to bring the positive sense of humour to life.
Karen Whalen, Ph.D, is a writer and clinical psychotherapist, and a Certifying Coordinator of the Focusing Institute of New York. She integrates energetic models of healing and consciousness (Quantum Field Theory, Qi-Gong, Polarity Therapy) with the practise of Wholebody Focusing. Karen teaches Wholebody Focusing worldwide (North America, Europe, Austral-Asia) in both community-based and professional training situations. She is passionate about story telling, music, and Jackie, her gorgeous black lab puppy dog. For more information about Wholebody Focusing, visit the Wholebody Focusing section on the TFI website and visit the multimedia center for a clip of Karen talking about Wholebody Focusing (conversations with Serge Prengel) and her Folio article called: Quantum Consciousness as an Explanatory Model for the Felt Shift in Wholebody Focusing (2012).
MAR DE JADE
Our retreat center, Mar de Jade, is nestled between a tropical jungle and golden beach in the tiny fishing village of Chacala. The center offers a safe, supportive environment with access to a pool, bar, and other amenities including optional spa treatments. Excursions are available from Mar de Jade including humpback whale-watching, snorkeling, tropical jungle-trekking, and visits to pre-Hispanic petroglyphs or a local open-air market.
In the spirit of our global community, we also invite participants to explore and contribute to the retreat center's community projects.
Chacala is a small, peaceful fishing village unaffected by the much-publicized drug situation taking place mainly along the US-Mexico border. There have been no reports of Mar de Jade guests or other tourists in the area experiencing problems. Millions of tourists continue to visit and enjoy Mexico safely every year.
For your comfort and safety we can arrange for a family member or someone from
Mar de Jade to pick you and and return you to the airport for a separate fee.
To learn more about safety in this area, please see:
- $775 - $25 additional discount for current Focusing Institute Members
- Note: Your tuition goes toward direct retreat expenses. The facilitators are all donating their time.
Room and Board:
- Price includes 7 night’s accommodations, 3 buffet-style meals per day, retreat center amenities including daily yoga classes, and 19% sales and hospitality tax
- Jungle Room Single: $1,082
- Guest Room: Single $1,499, Double $1041, Triple $957, Quadruple $874
- Garden Suite: Single $1,707, Double $1249, Triple $1082, Quadruple $999
- For more information, please see the Mar de Jade website.
- You will be responsible for your own transportation. The closest airport is Gustavo Diaz Ordaz Airport in Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco. (Airport code: PVR)
- The retreat center is a 90-minute drive from the Puerto Vallarta airport. The Focusing Institute and Mar de Jade will help you arrange for transport from the airport on a reliable, safe van service. Prices each way are estimated at $100 USD for 1-2 people, $120 for 3-4, and $140 for 5-7 (subject to change). Depending on your arrival time, the Focusing Institute will do its best to help you arrange a ride-share with other participants.
- This retreat requires a minimum of 15 participants to run. Please check
with us before buying your airline ticket.
Space is limited - register soon to get your first choice in accommodations. Please complete these two steps to secure your place in the Retreat:
- Register for your room directly with Mar de Jade through email, online, or by phone (US 1-800-257-0532; MEX +52  219 4000).
- Pay for your tuition on this page (below) or by calling the Focusing Institute at +1 (845) 362-5222.
For more information on the retreat, call the Focusing Institute at +1 (845) 362-5222 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cancellation prior to December 14, 2014 - Tuition refunded minus $150
- Cancellation after December 14, 2014 - Tuition is non-refundable.
- Please note: this cancellation policy applies to The Focusing Institute tuition portion only. Please check with Mar de Jade for Room and Board cancellation policy.
Product Code: W-150214-RET