With Charlotte Howorth, LCSW
A 2-Day Interactive Online Course
(no special computer skill or equipment required)
January 13th, 2018– 10:00 AM – 1:30 PM Eastern Time
January 14th, 2018 – 10:00 AM – 1:30 PM Eastern Time
10:00 am to 1:30 pm Eastern Time (morning in the Americas; afternoon in Europe/Africa, night in Asia/Australia; click this link for your time
- To experience a felt sense and to have some understanding of what it is and how it forms.
- An introduction to Eugene Gendlin’s foundational concept that ‘we are interaction’.
- To learn the history of Focusing and be introduced to Gene’s 6 steps of Focusing.
- An introduction to the centrality of learning to ‘be with’ feelings rather than falling into them.
- To begin to experience how to listen deeply to yourself and another.
- To start to learn how to reflect the felt sense in a deep resonant way to help both yourself an another to move forward in new and surprising ways.
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
Workshops will be conducted using a live video link where students will be able to see each other and the teacher, Charlotte Howorth. Class size is limited to optimize learning. Level I will be two three and a half hour sessions over a weekend. The first will be on Saturday and the second on Sunday. The same format applies to the second introductory Level II workshop which will be held on a weekend after Level I.
The video link will be an easy to use format called Zoom. You will need to have a computer/mobile device with a camera so that we can see you. Calling in without video is possible but not preferred. Charlotte will send Zoom instructions in advance of the course.
Modes of Learning:
These workshops will be a mixture of didactic and experiential. Charlotte will perform demonstrations and students will also experience the teachings through both group exercises and working in dyads together.
Ms. Howorth (www.howortherapy.com) is a licensed clinical social worker and Certified Focusing Trainer.
- Teaches and supervises psychotherapists in how to use Focusing in their practice internationally.
- Is on the faculty of The Relational Focusing Oriented Psychotherapy program headed by Lynn Preston in New York City, where she teaches and supervises psychotherapists taking the program.
- Has 23 years experience, teaching, counseling, supervising, and writing.
- Lecturer in Social Work, Columbia University, NY.
- Clinical Consultant, CHDFS (Center for Human Development and Family Services).
- Private Practice for adults, children, couples, and families in NY.
To receive continuing education for this offering, 100% attendance is required. Make-up classes may be scheduled with the Trainer (for an additional fee.)
The International Focusing Institute is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The International Focusing Institute maintains responsibility for this program and its content. CE Hours/Credits awarded: 5
The International Focusing Institute, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0055. Contact Hours awarded: 5
Limited registration: Please register promptly -- we anticipate full enrollment
Tuition: Early Bird $175 until December 16, 2017, $200 thereafter.. Register online (below), or by calling (845) 480-5111, or by mailing a check (USD only) to The International Focusing Institute, 15 N. Mill St., Nyack, NY 10960, USA. To inquire about payment plans, call Elizabeth Cantor at (845) 480-5111.
Registration closes on January 11th, 2018.
THE SMALL PRINT
Refund policy: A full refund minus a $50 administrative fee for cancellations 14 days before the start date. Cancellations less than 14 days before the start date are nonrefundable. The International Focusing Institute reserves the right to cancel or re-schedule for insufficient enrollment or for other unanticipated reasons. In such cases you will be given a choice of applying your tuition to future programs, or having the full enrollment fee returned to you.
Two-Year Online Interactive Certification
Level One and Level Two of this course will serve as a prerequisite for a Two-Year Online Interactive Certification Course with Charlotte Howorth, LCSW. More details and registration for the Certification course soon (with a projected start date of February 2018).
For more information:
For questions regarding registration: Elizabeth at email@example.com or (845) 480-5111
For questions about course content: Charlotte at firstname.lastname@example.org
Product Code: W-180113-L1