With Charlotte Howorth, LCSW
A 2-Day Interactive Online Course
(no special computer skill or equipment required)
October 6th, 2018 - 10:00 AM - 1:30 PM Eastern Standard Time
October 7th, 2018 - 10:00 am - 1:30 pm Eastern Standard Time
Times worldwide: Morning in the Americas; afternoon in Europe/Africa, night in Asia/Australia; click this link for your time
- Summarize learning from Level I
- Demonstrate and describe how to ‘clear a space’ putting various concerns and feelings at a distance to give perspective.
- Demonstrate and list how to help create forward shifts in one’s own experiential process by using different experiential avenues to open the felt sense such as feeling, proprioception, location, movement, sound, memory, and images.
- Demonstrate and describe how to help client’s process to move forward using the different experiential avenues listed above.
- Describe and demonstrate how ‘The Critic’ interferers with both our own and our client’s therapeutic process.
Introduction to Focusing Level One or equivalent.
Workshops will be conducted using a live video link where students will be able to see each other and the teacher, Charlotte Howorth. Class size is limited to optimize learning. Level II will be two three and a half hour sessions over a weekend. The video link will be an easy to use format called Zoom. You will need to have a computer/mobile device with a camera so that we can see you. Calling in without video is possible but not preferred. Charlotte will send Zoom instructions (simple) in advance of the course.
Modes of Learning:
These workshops will be a mixture of didactic and experiential. Charlotte will perform demonstrations and students will also experience the teachings through both group exercises and working in dyads together.
Ms. Howorth (www.howortherapy.com) is a licensed clinical social worker and Certified Focusing Trainer.
- Teaches and supervises psychotherapists in how to use Focusing in their practice internationally.
- Is on the faculty of The Relational Focusing Oriented Psychotherapy program headed by Lynn Preston in New York City, where she teaches and supervises psychotherapists taking the program.
- Has 23 years experience, teaching, counseling, supervising, and writing.
- Lecturer in Social Work, Columbia University, NY.
- Clinical Consultant, CHDFS (Center for Human Development and Family Services).
- Private Practice for adults, children, couples, and families in NY.
To receive continuing education for this offering, 100% attendance is required. Make-up classes may be scheduled with the Trainer (for an additional fee). Read Course Objectives
The International Focusing Institute, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0055. Contact Hours awarded: 4
Limited registration: Class size is limited. Please register promptly -- we anticipate full enrollment.
$175 for members, $200 for non-members until September 20, 2018
$200 for members, $225 for non-members thereafter.
Not a member? Join now and return to this page to receive member discount pricing.
Register online (below), or by calling (845) 480-5111, or by mailing a check (USD only) to The Focusing Institute, 15 N. Mill St., Nyack, NY 10960, USA. To inquire about payment plans, call Elizabeth Cantor at (845) 480-5111.
Registration closes on October 1st, 2018.
THE SMALL PRINT
Refund policy: A full refund minus a $50 administrative fee for cancellations 14 days before the start date. Cancellations less than 14 days before the start date are nonrefundable. The International Focusing Institute reserves the right to cancel or re-schedule for insufficient enrollment or for other unanticipated reasons. In such cases you will be given a choice of applying your tuition to future programs, or having the full enrollment fee returned to you.
Two-Year Online Interactive Certification
Level One and Level Two of this course will serve as a prerequisite for a Two-Year Online Interactive Certification Course with Charlotte Howorth, LCSW. Click here for more details and registration for the Certification course.
For more information:
For questions regarding registration: Elizabeth at firstname.lastname@example.org or (845) 480-5111
For questions about course content: Charlotte at email@example.com
Product Code: W-181006-L2