Introduction to Focusing Level One
With Charlotte Howorth, LCSW
A 2-Day Interactive Online Course
(no special computer skill or equipment required)
June 3, 2017– 10:00 AM – 1:30 PM Eastern Standard Time
June 4, 2017 – 10:00 am – 1:30 pm Eastern Standard Time
10:00 am to 1:30 pm Eastern Time (morning in the Americas; afternoon in Europe/Africa, night in Asia/Australia; click this link for your time
- To experience a felt sense and to have some understanding of what it is and how it forms.
- An introduction to Eugene Gendlin’s foundational concept that ‘we are interaction’.
- To learn the history of Focusing and be introduced to Gene’s 6 steps of Focusing.
- An introduction to the centrality of learning to ‘be with’ feelings rather than falling into them.
- To begin to experience how to listen deeply to yourself and another.
- To start to learn how to reflect the felt sense in a deep resonant way to help both yourself an another to move forward in new and surprising ways.
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
Workshops will be conducted using a live video link where students will be able to see each other and the teacher, Charlotte Howorth. Each group will be no larger than 12 students. Level I will be two three and a half hour sessions over a weekend. The first will be on Saturday and the second on Sunday. The same format applies to the second introductory Level II workshop which will be held on a weekend after Level I.
Modes of Learning:
These workshops will be a mixture of didactic and experiential. Charlotte will perform demonstrations and students will also experience the teachings through both group exercises and working in dyads together.
Ms. Howorth (www.howortherapy.com) is a licensed clinical social worker and Certified Focusing Trainer.
- Teaches and supervises psychotherapists in how to use Focusing in their practice internationally.
- Is on the faculty of The Relational Focusing Oriented Psychotherapy program headed by Lynn Preston in New York City, where she teaches and supervises psychotherapists taking the program.
- Has 22 years experience, teaching, counseling, supervising, and writing.
- Lecturer in Social Work, Columbia University, NY.
- Clinical Consultant, CHDFS (Center for Human Development and Family Services).
- Private Practice for adults, children, couples, and families in NY.
Limited registration: The workshop will be limited to 12 participants. Please register promptly -- we anticipate full enrollment
Tuition: Early Bird $175 until May 20, 2017, $200 thereafter. Register online (below), or by calling (845) 480-5111, or by mailing a check (USD only) to The International Focusing Institute, 15 N. Mill St., Nyack, NY 10960, USA. To inquire about payment plans, call Elizabeth Cantor at (845) 480-5111.
Registration closes on June 1, 2017.
THE SMALL PRINT
Refund policy: A full refund minus a $50 administrative fee for cancellations 14 days before the start date. Cancellations less than 14 days before the start date are nonrefundable. The International Focusing Institute reserves the right to cancel or re-schedule for insufficient enrollment or for other unanticipated reasons. In such cases you will be given a choice of applying your tuition to future programs, or having the full enrollment fee returned to you.
Two-Year Online Interactive Certification
Level One and Level Two of this course will serve as a prerequisite for a Two-Year Online Interactive Certification Course with Charlotte Howorth, LCSW. More details and registration for the Certification course soon (with a projected start date of fall 2017).
For more information: