Introduction to Focusing Level Two
With Charlotte Howorth, LCSW
A 2-Day Interactive Online Course
(no special computer skill or equipment required)
September 30, 2017 - 10:00 AM - 1:30 PM Eastern Standard Time
October 1, 2017 - 10:00 am - 1:30 pm Eastern Standard Time
Times worldwide: Morning in the Americas; afternoon in Europe/Africa, night in Asia/Australia; click this link for your time
What You Will Learn:
- To continue deepen understanding and practice of resonant listening and reflection for yourself and for others.
- To begin to learn how to Clear a Space - the first of Gene's 6 steps. This practice is sensing your inner concerns and learning how to find the right distance from them - making room for yourself in relation to them without pushing them away or feeling overwhelmed by them.
- An introduction to the concept of "The Inner Critic" where self -judgment that can often bring focusing and therapeutic process to a halt. Students will gain some understanding of where self-critical voices come from and how to navigate them.
Introduction to Focusing Level One or equivalent.
Workshops will be conducted using a live video link where students will be able to see each other and the teacher, Charlotte Howorth. Each group will be no larger than 12 students. Level II will be two three and a half hour sessions over a weekend. The video link will be an easy to use format called Zoom. You will need to have a computer/mobile device with a camera so that we can see you. Calling in without video is possible but not preferred. Charlotte will send Zoom instructions (simple) in advance of the course.
Modes of Learning:
These workshops will be a mixture of didactic and experiential. Charlotte will perform demonstrations and students will also experience the teachings through both group exercises and working in dyads together.
Ms. Howorth (www.howortherapy.com) is a licensed clinical social worker and Certified Focusing Trainer.
- Teaches and supervises psychotherapists in how to use Focusing in their practice internationally.
- Is on the faculty of The Relational Focusing Oriented Psychotherapy program headed by Lynn Preston in New York City, where she teaches and supervises psychotherapists taking the program.
- Has 22 years experience, teaching, counseling, supervising, and writing.
- Lecturer in Social Work, Columbia University, NY.
- Clinical Consultant, CHDFS (Center for Human Development and Family Services).
- Private Practice for adults, children, couples, and families in NY.
Limited registration: The workshop will be limited to 12 participants. Please register promptly -- we anticipate full enrollmentTuition: Early Bird $175 until September 7, $200 thereafter. Register online (below), or by calling (845) 480-5111, or by mailing a check (USD only) to The Focusing Institute, 15 N. Mill St., Nyack, NY 10960, USA. To inquire about payment plans, call Elizabeth Cantor at (845) 480-5111.
Registration closes on September 27th, 2017.
THE SMALL PRINT
Refund policy: A full refund minus a $50 administrative fee for cancellations 14 days before the start date. Cancellations less than 14 days before the start date are nonrefundable. The International Focusing Institute reserves the right to cancel or re-schedule for insufficient enrollment or for other unanticipated reasons. In such cases you will be given a choice of applying your tuition to future programs, or having the full enrollment fee returned to you.
Two-Year Online Interactive Certification
Level One and Level Two of this course will serve as a prerequisite for a Two-Year Online Interactive Certification Course with Charlotte Howorth, LCSW. Click here for more details and registration for the Certification course.
For more information: