Focusing with Eugene T. Gendlin
1 DVD 120 minutes.
Eugene T. Gendlin, Ph.D., introduces Focusing and gives a demonstration by working with one person on her process. During this time, references are made to the "Focusing Steps" as described in the Focusing book. The movement and progression of the process is indicated on the screen. Dr. Gendlin also introduces "partnership" which is then demonstrated by two participants.
Information on this DVD is clear and helpful for both long time Focusers as well as for those who have never heard about Focusing. They are:
- simple enough for the beginner,
- non-threatening for ordinary people / not just a therapeutic model,
- practical for a new Focusing teacher to use as a teaching tool,
- thorough enough for the advanced Focuser to encounter fine nuances,
- varied so that one can select preferred styles,
- credible enough to make a mark in the academic world,
- authentic through showing experiential demonstration.